Tuesday, March 16, 2021

I AM THIRSTY

  I am thirsty!

I fear holding on to a glass of water,because every glass I touch breaks.

When will the wind follow my lead?

When will the tides carry my worries?

My face is still covered in a mask of perfection, but behind it is a world of pain.

Behind the smiling teeth is a wounded tongue.

My heart bleeds, because,I fear showing my wounds.

Laughter is no longer music to my ears,blame is my current wake up call.

Who shall rescue me from the cages?

Cages I bent the bars with my own hands,and chains I attached myself to.

Am lost in the dark,wondering in the woods,looking for my way out but in vain,still ends up at the same spot.

Thirst might kill me,I drink my own blood,but am tired wearing this mask.

I am thirsty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE ARE REPORTING IN FEAR,AS THEY ARE ON THE QUEST OF SILENCING THE FOURTH ESTATE

John Omido,a victim of police brutality during the ongoing peaceful protest. In recent times, Kenya has witnessed a surge in protests, with ...